Monday, 20 June 2011

These Streets



"These Streets" Feat KG (Morafe)
Written by Reason Produced by Instro
theREASONing

Intro:

If you ever wondered what I write in what I say…
I would have to say it’s my environment. Where I’m from, where I live, where I breath , where I walk, where I sleep… it’s the streets.

Verse:1

You think that I would
*capture the essence of street music alone/
I got beats boomin’ at home, with that deep movement alone/
My peeps move on the low/ and they keep pushing for doe/
With the heat, book or the glow/ like beef cooking your soul/ it’s deep!

Down in the heart, of the uninspired characters/
That went through massacre, of gully totsi taals and “ma se kinds”/ want ek weet/ we’re like them kaapstaad kasi flats/
Cause, loosin’ your front teeth from these punches – “is maklik”/

Bust flavor like a cold icy in summer days/
With that kinda jade, it makes you aggravate the hunger pains/ Reas Against the Beast, releasing outta rage/
- matter of fact/ here’s a page put that on the sun daily/

Chourus:

Ak’si Him’ o bala le ‘ngoma,
Histraat’ es’bala le ‘ngoma (uyang’thola?)
Ak’si Him’ o bala le ‘ngoma,
these street k’mele sdale le ‘ngoma (uyang’thola?)
Verse:2
I - Jump on the song spitting “fire breathing dragon”/
and step on somebody toes like crazy street bashes/
I do this for them brothers that’ll pull the seat back cause/ those are the brothers that hit the road, and look passed it/

magic, is nothing a lesser than what you imagine/
cause little boys pack it, in old plastic packets/
hide in they jackets, they puff and then they pass it/
cause snazzy situation make the society cashless/

but actions, speak louder then words, under this earth/
that’s why bus’in these rhymes, sometimes doubles worth/
but, the concrete jungle’ll hustle me first/
just before I kick it gangstar and put the money first/


Chourus:

Ak’si Him’ o bala le ‘ngoma,
Histraat’ es’bala le ‘ngoma (uyang’thola?)
Ak’si Him’ o bala le ‘ngoma,
these street k’mele sdale le ‘ngoma (uyang’thola?)

Verse:3
See when the
pen touches the pad/ it invents summin with passion/
the stress love and the sadness/ that stretched all over Africa/ whether we cram it African, or Anglo languages/
we kill it in passages, like kasi mentality happenings/

like adding adjectives, with adequate levels of excellence/
with the assassin ship, of a character bus’in gats and sh**/ make you run it back a bit to catch that little rap I kicked/ that got the streets burning like them guys who make gusheshe’s spin/

-crowd pleaser, with heart and soul/
but I’m not a clown either, I rock hard shows/
drop flows, in the burb, and a lot in my hood too/
cause shook dudes bunny chow on my styles like hood food/

Dude! Reasons embedded in hoods too/ I move right through like criminals would do/ I school ‘em, move ‘em/ clap and I boom ‘em/ bang like bazooka’s till anger resume in the movement/


Chourus (x2):

Ak’si Him’ o bala le ‘ngoma,
Histraat’ es’bala le ‘ngoma (uyang’thola?)
Ak’si Him’ o bala le ‘ngoma,
these street k’mele sdale le ‘ngoma (uyang’thola?)

No comments:

Post a Comment